Monday, February 15, 2010





This is the largest dedication to the laughing Buddha temple in Indonesia. The temple is still being built and the workers started over 10 years ago. The temple is huge having over 45 praying rooms and more than 300 statues. It is located on a hill top so you can see all of Bantam. We saw a really big cockroach in the temple too. This is me at the ferry terminal waiting for it to come. We traveled by ferry from Singapore to Indonesia and back. It took us an hour each way.

4 comments:

  1. That Budda statue is ugly!!! You have done a lot of traveling since leaving Holyrood. Are you going to post some pictures of the Chinese New Year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evan, What a great blog you have. You are so lucky to have all these new experiences. I'm so jealous right now. I'd rather learn about the Buddhist religion the way you are and not from a book like your classmates. What a field trip you are on! I'm going to look at your blog as often as I can. So keep posting your photos. Have fun and say hi to your Mom, Dad and Megan for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy I am making a post about the Chinese New Year tomorrow. I am having alot of fun over here I wish you guys were here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Evan I really, really miss you.I can't wait until you get back. When you get back you can come to my house and we can talk about your trip.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete